No, I said Maryland had a better Athletic program than VT.
No, I said Maryland had a better Athletic program than VT.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
Did nobody pay any attention to what I said about it only matters what the rank of the opponent is when you play them. That is the premis behind the BcS system it doesn't go by ending rank but rank when the game is played whether it is week 1 or week 7, 9, 11.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
Cal is a good team. But! They aren't Florida,UGA,LSU or Auburn.
Cal will do well in the PAC 10.
I was pleased with the way UT played. Defense was awesome. Those linebackers were great. Wade is a very good cornerback.
Special Teams looked much better.
What made me the happiest was the offense.It was wonderful to see a offense that lined up right. It was great to see linemen,receivers and running backs blocking.It was wonderful to see hardly any penalties. It was wonderful to see receivers catching the ball and breaking tackles. It was great to see the big plays.It was great to see Eric Ainge play well.It was great to see an offense that was well prepared.
I know people will say Cal's defense wasn't that good. But! For us Vol fan's the offense made every defense look like Bama's 1992 defense.Especially last year. Watching the Vol's offense last year was like having your teeth pulled. It was painful. I am so glad that David Cutcliffe is back. I hope he stays a long time.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/rebelron/varsity08-600x312.jpg[/img]
before all you tennessee fans get up in the air and talking smack lets just wait and see how they fair when they play UF, LSU, and to me the real test of their season will be when the travel to Athens
2006 Chick-Fil-A Bowl Champions
Hokies 24 Bulldogs 31
R.I.P. UgaVI 1999-2008
"Damn good dog!"
Of course you only consider a win against a top 10 opponent if they finish in the top 10. Why you ask? Well, lets take a look at how many teams have good preseason rankings and arent worthy. Look at last year, was oklahoma a top 10 team to start the year, no they werent and didnt deserve to be. Anyone remember the #4 Arizona Wildcats who got obliterated by Penn State the first game of the year and proceeded to lose 6 more games. A good indicator of how a team should be ranked is basically in the final rankings at the end of the year. Really, what are rankings if a team hasnt played a game. This win for UT could be big if Cal has a good Pac-10 year. Which goes back to the original question, VT is something like 1-35 in games against teams that finished the year in the top 10. Its a more telling stat than beating a top 10 team that loses 5 more games afterwards.
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Tennessee was 23rd in the polls now their 11th..
[/ QUOTE ]
Polls mean nothing.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
Just heard the word that VT and UVA-Wise have agreed to play in week 1 next year.
Bookmarks